It is unlikely that a plant-based diet alone will supply you with an adequate amount of vitamin B12. You must make sure that you’re eating and drinking products that have been fortified with the vitamin, or take special supplements to avoid deficiency.
Vitamin B12 is a complicated vitamin with a unique absorption mechanism and a number of inactive analogues—molecules that appear to be active B12, but actually are not—that possibly interfere with its function.
Vitamin B12 is generally found in all animal foods except honey. But there is no reliable B12 in Plant Foods, including tempeh, seaweeds, and organic produce. Luckily, vitamin B12 is made by bacteria and doesn’t need to be obtained from animal products.
What is VeganSafe Vitamin B-12?
In adults typical deficiency symptoms include loss of energy, tingling, numbness, reduced sensitivity to pain or pressure, blurred vision, abnormal gait, sore tongue, poor memory, confusion, hallucinations and personality changes. Often these symptoms develop gradually over several months to a year before being recognised as being due to B12 deficiency and they are usually reversible on administration of B12.
There is however no entirely consistent and reliable set of symptoms and there are cases of permanent damage in adults from B12 deficiency. If you suspect a problem then get a skilled diagnosis from a medical practitioner as each of these symptoms can also be caused by problems other than B12 deficiency.
Infants typically show more rapid onset of symptoms than adults. B12 deficiency may lead to loss of energy and appetite and failure to thrive. If not promptly corrected this can progress to coma or death. Again there is no entirely consistent pattern of symptoms. Infants are more vulnerable to permanent damage than adults. Some make a full recovery, but others show retarded development.
The risk to these groups alone is reason enough to call on all vegans to give a consistent message as to the importance of B12 and to set a positive example. Every case of B12 deficiency in a vegan infant or an ill informed adult is a tragedy and brings veganism into disrepute.
Vitamin B12 deficiency
Vitamin B12 deficiency can be extremely serious. Older people are particularly vulnerable to the condition, and people who have had weight loss surgery and those with illnesses that impact food absorption are also at risk.
You can find out if you have a B12 deficiency through a blood test with your doctor. If you are deficient, it is important that you increase your daily dose of B12 immediately, as not doing so can cause lasting damage to your cells and nerves.
An overdose of vitamin B12 has no consequences, so you shouldn’t worry about getting too much, as any extra will be excreted in your urine. If you’re worried about your vitamin B12 intake, you should start taking supplements or eating fortified foods immediately.
What If I Take To Much B-12?
When taken at appropriate doses, vitamin B-12 supplements are generally considered safe. While the recommended daily amount of vitamin B-12 for adults is 2.4 micrograms, you can safely take higher doses. Your body absorbs only as much as it needs, and any excess passes through your urine.Oct 17, 2017 Vitamin B-12 – Mayo Clinic
What is VeganSafe Vitamin B-12?
VeganSafe B-12 is a certified organic, vegan formula that contains methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, the two most bioactive forms of B-12. Although most of us simply know vitamin B-12 as the B vitamin responsible for energy production, it’s important to understand that “vitamin B-12” is actually a catch-all term for a class of vitamins known as cobalamins — and they’re not equal in their benefits.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need VeganSafe B-12
- It’s the Best B-12 Available!
Methylcobalamin, or methylated B-12 is the most pure, active, bioavailable coenzyme form of B-12 and when paired with adenosylcobalamin, the other coenzyme form of B-12, forms the most potent B-12 combination available.
- Encourages Normal Energy Levels
Vitamin B-12 promotes energy production in multiple ways. It supports the adrenal glands, red blood cell formation, and helps convert carbohydrates to glucose — the fuel your body uses for energy.
- Ultra Absorbable Formula Helps Fight B-12 Deficiency
B-12 deficiency is a serious problem that can cause anemia, fatigue, weakness, constipation, weight loss, depression, poor memory, asthma, vision problems, and low sperm count.
- Supports Your Body’s Major Processes
As a defense against homocysteine, B-12 is nutritional support for your cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- Natural Sleep Support
Some research has linked methylcobalamin to positive effects on sleep due to its influence on melatonin secretion and light sensitivity; it also helps normalize a person’s 24-hour clock.
The Health Benefits of VeganSafe B-12
Nutritionally supports cardiovascular function. Promotes nervous system health. Fights homocysteine, a cardiovascular stressor. Supports adrenal function and energy production. Essential for cell growth and replication and DNA production. May support a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
Shocking Facts About Vitamin B-12
As many as 30% of adults over 50 are unable to absorb B-12 in food, making supplementation the best source. Research conducted at the University of Oxford study found that vitamin B-12 deficiency may lead to brain shrinkage. B-12 supplementation is not a cure for Alzheimer’s disease but preliminary reports suggest a link between vitamin B-12 deficiency and Alzheimer’s disease. Vitamin B-12 deficiency leads to megaloblastic anemia, a fatigue ridden condition where red blood cells don’t develop properly and can’t carry oxygen efficiently. Why is VeganSafe B-12 the Best Vitamin B-12 Supplement on the Market? 1. Contains methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, the bioavailable, coenzyme forms of B-12. 2. Highly absorbable, no conversion in the liver is necessary. 3. The European Food Safety Authority reports that the combination of adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin is the best and safest representation of naturally occurring vitamin B-12. 4. VeganSafe B-12 is an easy and delicious liquid formula — no injections. 5. Certified organic, vegan, GMO and gluten free! 6. Made in the USA from globally sourced ingredients and according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
The Top 3 Questions People Ask About VeganSafe B-12
What is vitamin B-12? Vitamin B-12, also called cobalamin, is the B vitamin that supports normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, energy production, and for the formation of red blood cells. It’s important to know that vitamin B-12 is a name that refers to a group of vitamins known as cobalamins; this includes methylcobalamin, adenosylcobalamin, hydroxo-, and cyanocobalm
2. What is hydroxo- and cyanocobalamin? Cheap, lesser quality forms of vitamin B-12 often used by bargain vitamin companies who add them for marketing purposes. Cyanocobalamin contains a cyanide molecule that must be metabolized by the liver. The process of removing the cyanide molecule uses methyl groups normally used to lower homocysteine levels (higher homocysteine cause stress on the heart). Cyanocobalamin robs your body of beneficial methyl groups and is a perfect example of an instance when low-quality vitamins are worse than no vitamins. 3. Why is VeganSafe B-12 superior to other cobalamins? VeganSafe B-12 contains adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin, a combination that’s better absorbed and used more efficiently in your liver, brain, and nervous system. VeganSafe B-12 does not have to be converted in your liver. Methylcobalamin supports vision whereas cyanocobalamin is thought to be ineffective. Cyanocobalmin is also not recommended for people who smoke, have kidney problems, or don’t metabolize cyanide properly. Testimonials “I’m a more productive person. Been using for a few months and I feel loads more energy and more stamina working out. Feel an overall calming long lasting stamina. I don’t sleep all day on my day off work. Have given five bottles to close friends and family. The gift of health is the greatest gift you can give a loved one:)” Jennifer “Awesome B-12! I love this form of B-12 much better than taking pills. Easy to take and taste great. Most of all I noticed how it made me feel so much better within minutes. I felt great naturally, calm, relax and just an overall pleasant feeling.” Charles, FL “I have found this product to be a most excellent source of B12 supplementation. It’s relative high dose combination of methyl- and adenosylcobalamin plus the relatively low/non-toxic sources of additional ingredients make this one of the best most effective and least toxic form of B12 on the marketplace. I highly reccomend it to everyone. I have many genic snps that make methylation challenging. So I find taking a double dose through the day: first in the morning before Breakfast and then four hours later before Lunch to be the most effective by to use this product for me.” Kris “Help for Fibro Myalgia fatigue sufferers.As a life-long Fibro myalgia sufferer I have, in the past, been treated with B12 injections. I can honestly say that this product works as well for me and in many ways better than injections. While there is no magic solution for my health issues, I appreciate having the option of administering B12 to myself and sometimes more than once daily. That’s important to me to be able to decide for myself when I need it, because in the past I would have to go to the Dr and let’s face it you cannot do that daily! The quality is the best I’ve used!” Donna F. “Major Boost! This product is one of my FAVORITES! It is amazing! It gives me energy, reduces my fatigue and even takes away any negative effects from not sleeping. Once in the morning and im very pleased the rest of the day. I will continue to use this product for a very long time.” Jose “I do buy this over and over again. I use this product every day twice a day. I no longer have to use energy drinks. B-12 has taken the place of this. This definitely works to enhance energy needs.” Rick
Take 1 dropper (1 ml) daily on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning or early afternoon or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Hold in mouth for 15 seconds and then swallow.
182total visits,13visits today